Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's coming right along!


The remodel is coming right along. Last night I was finally able to get down and scrub the floor so that we could walk around without shoes for the first time in weeks!
I love how the tin ceiling turned out. I have always wanted one. That corner in the picture was a bugger to get right. I think three tiles got ruined in the process.
I can't believe how much room there is now that we moved the sink to the window and took out the fireplace wall.






I'm kinda sad that Jakey didn't make it here before they put the hand rail down the stairs. It would have made a great jumping off point!!
The kids will all be here the weekend of the 12th. It will be so nice to have it all done and be able to relax together!
A couple of outlets, my backsplash, a set of curtians and the pendant lighting and we will be done!! (for this round anyway:)







4 comments:

Swensons said...

MOM I love it!!! I seriously can't wait to see the ceiling... And eat cafe rio on the island!

Mandy said...

It looks great mom! I LOVE the ceiling also! It does looks huge! Can't wait to see it in person.

Jessica said...

Ahhh I LOVE IT! Wow that was some serious "VISION" you guys had! When I saw it last I was a little woried, now look at it! I'll be needing to make another trip soon so I can see it up close!

Alissa said...

AMAZING! You've got serious skills, Aunt Tam! I love the ceiling. Love it.